Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Scrapbook Page

Fall is definitely here! So Cal is getting their hot spells with termites flying! Leaves are changing everywhere. And the best part is the kids are back in school!! Now I don't have any human kids but my neighbors do.....Parking is ugly in the summer with the teenagers who also speed into their prospective parking spots and the younger ones are well...just plain loud. Don't get me wrong, these kids are all basically great kids but not being a human parent, my tolerance level for their kind of noise is low. I do all of my crafting and graphics without music or sound.....so Fall to me is back to piece and quiet. The funny thing is I can ignore barking dogs and can identify every dog bark or howl in the neighborhood... Go figure I guess I am a doggy mommy!


OK back to Fall and my all Stampin' Up Big Shot Fall scrapbook page. I put various colors of SU Earthly Elements & Rich Regals cardstock run through my Xyron 250 onto chipboard. Then I cut them into squares. Using my Sizzix Serif Essentials (*steel rule) Alphabet dies I cut out the word FALL. Then using the Leaves #2 (*steel rule) die, I cut out lots of leaves. Then using the Sizzlets Swirly die (**acid etched) I cut out the cute Swirly "branch". Using my SU dye inks and a sponge section, I inked all the edges and middles of all the leaves, branch and letters to make them look like real fall colors in leaves. Then I took an embossing tool and lightly scored leaf line veins on the diecut leaves. This left me with a pattern to follow for what comes next.



Next bring out the Stickles glitter glue. I used Cinnamon, Golden Rod, Copper, Platinum, Holy and Burgundy Stickles for all my Fall colors. Draw very fine lines of Stickles over your edges and scored leaf veins. Same with your Swirl "branch". Then I put dollops of Stickles on my Fall letters. Taking my fingers I swirled my colors all over, giving a very shiny and blingy look to my letters. I let all the Stickled stuff dry overnight. Using a piece of SU Autumn Vine DSP, I ripped the edge piece using the SU tearing edge ruler to get a distressed edge under my "branch" and leaves. The base is Creamy Caramel. Using the SU exclusive "Top Note" (*steel rule) die I cut out the photo areas of Autumn Vine DSP. This actually was a very easy and simple page to put together. The dry time took the longest. I will gladly hold a class for this cute page or send out a kit if anyone is interested.


* Steel rule dies are thicker and sharper. They are able to cut many pieces of paper at once. They are able to cut many different types of product materials. Sizzix Originals and Bigz are steel rule dies. Accucut also makes steel rule dies that work in their machines and they are much more expensive.


** Acid Etched dies are thin breakable dies. They should only cut one piece of paper/cardstock at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous pages! Great directions and details! I love your letters! And those leaves!