Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swap Card # 3 Oh yeah I'm getting there!!

Here we go Swap share #3 and counting!! This card was fun but quite a bit of piecing together with the old 2 way glue. The original idea came from Sue Duffy a few weeks back. This new Bella Rose paper really lends itself quite nicely to a quilt design like this. The triangles are a 1 3/8 Sq. Punch cut diagonal. The circles are the 1 1/4 and 1 inch punches. The red background is 4 1/8 x 4 1/8. I took this piece and used my Scor-Pal to mark where my "squares" were going to be. This helped greatly with placement of the pieces. The center is up on Dimensionals. The new In Colors 08 that I used were Pirouette Pink, Kiwi Kiss, and Riding Hood Red...same for the inks.

2 comments:

Terry Molineux said...

OMGosh! I just love this card. I just started my swaps last night I just had a creative mojo BLOCK....and cannot get with it this year. I think because I limited myself to the new sets I bought this year....I usually get three samples and take a little of each and then come up with my own designs.....it's early and I didn't have too many samples that I liked to choose from.....

Really love this design but too time sensitive for me I am VERY SLOW!!!

Terry M

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Quilt Card!!
I did one of these last year..
a different pattern. It came out so great...but a lot of work :)
*Nice work... TFS